Thursday, February 26, 2015


       

 The 7 Principles of Government                                      

 

               Madalyn, Davon, Christian, Jesus, Zach

  
 




Individual rights & Separation of Powers                                                                                                         
  Individual rights are the rights of each individual human in the U.S . These are the most important rights because these are "The People's Rights." The people are protected by theses rights like the right to freedom of speech, freedom of  religion , the right to bear arms, and freedom of press are just a few examples. Our Government's power is divided among the three branches of the Government, Legleslative branch, Judicial branch, and the Executive branch. in these three branches the power is divided up equally so one branch is not more powerful than the others.

 

Republicanism

 Republicanism is very important in the Texas government. Republicanism  is a form of government in which people elect representatives to create and enforce laws. these laws are made to protest the state of Texas . even though some of them are  dumb, they still are very important to the government.   

   






 


 Checks and Balances


The system of checks and balances is a huge part of the constitution. They let each of the three branches of government limit the others power. The reason why is no branch can be more powerful that the others. For example the president can veto passed by the congress but the congress can over pass that by getting 2/3 vote.


 

Federalism

Federalism is the for of government which a country is divided into states or provides. It is normally ran by a head Represinitive (maybe the president.) 





Popular Sovereignty
and Limited Government

Popular Sovereignty is where the cities get to decide whether  slavery is allowed or not. This is when slavery was still around and states decided if they wanted slavery or not. Limited Government is where a body with high power is limited. It is established by the constitution or other authorities.

7 comments:

  1. I like how everything is designed and all the facts in each paragraphs but I think federalism could be a little longer and a picture like the rest. But other ten that I think this blog is good . At the top it says 7 principles of the government but why is there only 5 paragraphs?~ Angie(fantastic five)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job you guys! Can't wait to discuss the US Constitution with you next year! (Mrs. Bolles)

    Davon-Can you give me some examples of some of Texas' dumb laws, I know there are probably a bunch!

    Madalyn-it looks like several of the individual rights listed in the Texas Constitution are similar to those listed in the US Constitution. I can't wait to have you share your information in social studies next year!

    Christian-I didn't realize that the Texas Constitution listed three branches just like the US Constitution. I think that's pretty cool!

    Jesus-I would like to know more about federalism. Who shares power in Texas?

    Zach-This is the same picture that I used with my students when describing limited government in the US Constitution. How does the Texas Constitution limit the powers of the government?


    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that popular sovereignty is were cites choose weather they won't to have slaves in that state or cities........keke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great~ life would be better with individual rights? In what way? Freedom?
    ---Adriana(mushi)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the format and the pictures. What are the different responsibilities of each individual branch of government? Fantastic Five (Harley Bolles)

    ReplyDelete
  6. individual rights give us our freedom that show they make life better
    what happens when one branch is more powerful than the other
    (makayal hodges)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could have gone more in depth on popular sovereignty. What is popular sovereignty now that slavery is over?Mason

    ReplyDelete